Custom made tours in campania all destinations available minimum 7 seven days minimum 8 people
- Arrival in Naples in the morning. Mario will meet you at the arrival gate (outside security and outside the baggage claim area) and transport you to the hotel ( Esplanade in Paestum). In the case of lost luggage, please contact the appropriate desk near the baggage claim area and then meet Mario outside of baggage claim because he will not be able to pass security to meet you in the baggage claim area. Check in, Light lunch at the Hotel around 2:30pm settle in, and relax. Enjoy a dip in the pool or walk on the private beach located at 600 meters from the hotel where you’ll enjoy a complimentary lounge chairs and umbrellas.
- Around 5pm we’ll drive south towards Agropoli a beautiful coastal town located on the med.coastal line .We take a picturesque walk up to the Norman castle and admire a unique panorama of the coast where residents back in the 14th century where fighting for their lives escaping from the Saracenes and Turks incursions. Admire the portal and the towers.
- Dinner will be at around 8:30 p.m. at a local eatery or trattoria.
- Gelato and passegiata and back to the hotel. **Highlights: unique shopping in the famous piazza of Agropoli. ( stores open till 11 pm)
DAY 2: PARCO DEL CILENTO PAESTUM
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- We pick the group up around 9:30 am and go to a small cheese making farm where you can see live the production of the mozzarella the bufala and other delightful cheese products ,unique tasting under the pergola within sight of the Greek walls, ( walk on it).
- After ours special taste we drive to the estate of Don Peppe to walk trough the buffalo farm, enjoy a unique walk in the vineyards with a spectacular sight of the sea. We head to the cellar for an amazing taste of the winery with the gracefull ospitality of Don Peppe Pagano.
- Cost per person 50 euros. Light lunch served to a local pizzeria
Relax at the hotel or leisure time on your own.
Around 5pm we take you to the famous temples of Paestum to explore the grounds and be amazed by the architecture and well kept site. Ticket included in tour price.
** Private guide at extra cost.
- Dinner will be served at a lido mediterraneo by the sea. at about 8:30 pm. We trust you had a wonderful day in Paestum today. Buona notte .
DAY 3: PAESTUM PALINURO (CILENTO PARK)
- Enjoy breakfast at the hotel
- Around 10am we drive south to the very tip of Campania region to the coastal town of Palinuro a unique town nestled on the sea. Tentative boat tour to the grotto with a swim in the clean and blue water of the south. Cost per person $ 100 with lunch right there on the beach.
On the way back to Paestum we’ll stop and explore the abandoned village of San Severino dominating the valley ,( please confortable shoes, acqua shoes, water bottles)
- We drive north on the picturesque coastal road with stops at pisciotta ( gelato or caffe freddo) Stop in Acciaroli a pretty small town ( *** Mediterranean diet was discovered and studied by an American who lived in this area for many years)
- Stop in castellabate for an Early casual dinner which concludes today taste of the cilento coast at his best.
- Return to the hotel to have a wonderful night sleep. Buona notte .
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Meet in the lobby around 9:30 today we’ll explore the magnificent museum of art with a fantastic collection of remains of the Greek civilization an amazing well kept exhibition of ancient Etruscans, Greek and roman burial stones. A must visit to the oldest Neochristian basilica 600A.D.
*** Tickets for museum and temples included in the price .
*** Private guide extra cost.
*** After we enjoy a nice relaxing walk outside the gates of Paestum old city. A little shopping opportunity and a light lunch at a local trattoria. Enjoy the ancient grounds and the unique vegetation and landscape.
- We Drive back to the hotel in Paestum for a relaxing afternoon around the pool a little pisolino at your own leisure .
- Dinner will be served at about 8:30 pm at Lido mediterraneo by the sea.. The menu will include local specialties.
- BUONA NOTTE.
DAY 5: LAURINO AND CILENTO PARK - morning cooking class (recipes subject to change seasonally)
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Please have your luggage ready in the lobby. Please be reminded to settle all your incidentals bills(mini bar, phone calls, laundry, bars extras etc)
- Transfer to Laurino a medieval town 1200 circa, settled in a pristine valley quiet and slow living the essence of dolce vita. Check in settle at La Rupe a very simple accommodation and unpretentious locally owned, the only Inn in town right on the piazza and passeggiata corso. Ready for this exciting cooking class with Alfonso . we make the Neapolitan pizza and calzone from scratch and bake it in the true wood burning brick oven. Have your camera ready and get to work that dough. Enjoy for lunch your creations washed down with local wine.
- In the afternoon, after your nap around 5:30 pm we explore the well kept Duke’s Palace and the ruins of the Castle dominating Laurino and the valley at the highest point 1700 feet see the dungeons and the Duke’ s residence, we might meet one last relative of the family as well.
- Passegiata, cappuccino explore the town on your own , then meet outside the La Rupe around 8:30pm for a wonderful dinner al Fresco, a sweater recommended , due to the elevation. Buon appetito.
- Free to have a night cup in the bar piazza under the stars.
- Buona notte.
DAY 6: LAURINO PARCO DEL CILENTO - morning cooking class (recipes subject to change seasonally)
- Breakfast at the hotel. Please feel free to order the wonderful organic eggs for breakfast.
- Today we enjoy a local special dishes cooking class. We gather at local kitchen place with Antonietta and we prepare: Stuffed eggplants, zucchini flowers, linguini with clams from the Mediterranean, and polpettone di Antonietta with roasted peppers. Local dessert recipes prepared.
- Get hands on prepare and savour all this delicacy outside al fresco served with local wines and beverages. Class starts at 11:30
- After lunch free afternoon and around 5:00 pm we drive up to vesalo the national park mountain and enjoy the pristine landscape with wild horses and live stock take a sip from the fresh spring fountain and enjoy the panoramic nature.
- A wonderful dinner at the lodge prepared with local meats on an open grill served in a cozy dining room .
- Return to Laurino enjoy a stroll in the piazza and have a wonderful buona notte .
DAY 7: LAURINO TO FELITTO - morning cooking class (recipes subject to change seasonally)
- Breakfast at the hotel. Meet in the lobby around 10 am.
- Ready to explore the restored convent of St. Antonio a small hidden treasure with undiscovered frescoes and chiostro , A tentative to enter the annex church and admire the well kept original wood ceiling 1600 circa and the the massive wood work of the church door.
- After our short tour we drive south east to next town of Felitto trough winding roads among mountains and hills.
- We meet Antonio our host at trattoria Remolino nestled between vineyards and the pristine calore river , we meet Carmela our expert pasta maker and ready to experience the make of the famous fusilli a d.o.p product of the cilento the king of pasta made with all organic and local products that this generous land gives to their residents,. Ready hands on to make fusilli which will be served with a delizioso veal ragu along with the freshest salad, artisan bread and molto vino. After lunch explore the pristine gorge near by and observe the clear water running
and rock formation millions of years old.
*** recommended walking shoes, mosquito spray, sunglasses, sun lotion, hats bring a towel if you plan to jump in the natural pool.
- Afternoon take a nap and get ready for a generous pool party offered by Mario and the generous hospitality of Laurino mayor Romano Gregorio.
Enjoy the drive in the national parco del cilento the little town and villages and the warm hospitality of residents.
- We will meet in the lobby around 8:30 p.m. Ready to meet Gigi and Guglielma your host. Enjoy the evening and let your dancing feeling dominate the night.
- Enjoy breakfast. Please have your baggage ready, settle your extra, do not forget any personal items. We depart around 10:00 am Say good bye to Laurino and take your last picture of this beautiful part of the southern Italy region.
- We drive south north to the city of Vietri for our last leg of the tour and a taste of the famous Amalfi coast. Arrival at The Baia hotel right on the Baia of Salerno check in and settle . Enjoy the short walk to the center of this nice little town and have lunch at a local trattoria, after you are free to explore and don’t miss the unique shopping of the famous ceramic in Vietri . we depart at 5:30pm to the winery.
- A special visit to a winery situated on Tramonti after the beautiful Amalfitan Coast. Enjoy the drive trough the fisherman village: Maiori, Minori, Cetara. A family owned Cellar . Enjoy the walk through the vineyards with owner. Cost per person euro 75 includes dinner and tasting.
*** please be aware turning roads and one hour travel each way
*** Unique stop on the way back in the piazza of Amalfi at midnight for a limoncello and admire the 1500 circa most beautiful duomo in the world.
*** fixed manu available on this wine dinner.
*** If you suffer for winding roads travel, please, ask for details (not reccomended for children).
- We trust you had a wonderful memories of this enchanted corner of southern Italy.
- Buona notte.
- Breakfast at the hotel about 9:00 a.m.
- We drive to the medieval town of Cava 15 minutes, to admire and visit one of oldest Abby
- ( Pappa Carbone Benedettini, founder 1075)
- Private visit to the Basilique, Church, Catacombe, Museum.
- Visit to fish and produce markets followed by light lunch in the hearth of Salerno
- Enjoy a dip in the Mediterranean water and savour the last day of your tour.
- Free afternoon and dinner at your own leisure (last dinner not included).
- Breakfast at the hotel. Mario’s Italy Tour is completed.
- Please make your personal travel and payment arrangements (for hotel incidentals) before departure to your next destination or airports.
- Mario is available to help with your post-tour arrangements and will provide transfer to Naples airport or the Salerno train station.